- 0 student
- 33 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 10 week duration
It can be hard to set boundaries with your own self because you are also the enforcer of the consequences. But if you take the time to meditate on why they are valuable and what you need to do, it is possible to make them a reality.
You may be prepared for other people to disrespect you or cause you pain. But have you ever considered that you may be doing this to yourself? As we know from the best horror films, sometimes the call is coming from inside the house.
This can look like you disparaging yourself constantly in your own mind. It can also be you choosing to not do the things that you know would benefit you. Maybe that is taking a walk or getting eight hours of sleep.
Physical Health and Boundaries
Personal health touches many areas of your life. An obvious example is exercise. Are you moving your physical body in a way that honors what it needs? The human body was made to move, but it does not mean you have to torture yourself. Find something you enjoy doing and set some plans to make it a part of your practice, be it walking, yoga, or badminton.
The food you eat is also a good thing to consider, but every person’s body is different and there is no one-size-fits-all approach. Talk to a nutritionist or doctor you trust. Make choices that leave your body feeling good and strong, and if there is food you realize makes you feel terrible, like fast food, make those boundaries.
The sleep you are getting at night dictates how you can function during the day. Usually the standard amount is eight hours. If you are not getting enough, ask yourself what is stopping you. Maybe less TV at night or no eating past a certain time can help you wind down.
Mental Health and Boundaries
Stressors come in all shapes and sizes. Making boundaries to promote good mental health will involve many areas of your life. Too much stimulation can often be a problem. By limiting the amount of screen time you allow, especially for things like TV or social media, you give your brain a chance to relax.
Consider your thought life also. Are you constantly thinking about or agonizing over things that stress you out? Maybe you have an abusive inner dialogue due to low self-esteem. Pursuing regular therapy and engaging in a mind exercise like meditation can re-train your brain to be more positive.
There are so many other areas where stress can come into play. Write down everything in your life that touches a nerve or leaves you feeling depleted. It can be mental, physical, or spiritual. From there, you can figure out the boundaries you need to set to develop more self-care in your life.
Definition of Boundaries Resources
- “What Are Personal Boundaries?” Therapist Aid
- “What Are Boundaries And Why Do I Need Them?” Live Well With Sharon Martin
- “What Are Personal Boundaries? How Do I Get Some?” Psych Central
- “The Importance of Personal Boundaries” Psych Central
- “Why Is It Important To Have Personal Boundaries?” Psychology Today
- “10 Great Things That Happen When You Set Boundaries” Huff Post
- “6 Types of Boundaries You Deserve To Have (And How To Maintain Them)” Mind Body Green
- “Why Is It So Hard To Set Boundaries?” Psychology Today
- “12 Signs You Lack Healthy Boundaries (And Why You Need Them)” Harley Therapy
Lesson #1 - Set Boundaries - The Definition Of Boundaries
Lesson #2 - Set Boundaries - Essential Boundary Types for Ultimate Self-Care
Set Boundaries For Yourself - More Self-Respect and best Self-Care
Boundaries in Relationships -How Better Relationship Boundaries Means a Better You
Set Boundaries In The Family - How Knowing Your Values Can Create More Meaningful Relationships
- Set Boundaries In The Family – How Knowing Your Values Can Create More Meaningful Relationships Intro
- How Knowing Your Values Can Create More Meaningful Relationships – E-course
- How Knowing Your Values Can Create More Meaningful Relationships – Video
- How Knowing Your Values Can Create More Meaningful Relationships – Slideshow
Set Boundaries At Work – Instituting Strong Boundaries in the Workplace
- Set Boundaries At Work – Instituting Strong Boundaries in the Workplace Intro
- Set Boundaries At Work – Instituting Strong Boundaries in the Workplace – E-Course
- Set Boundaries At Work – Instituting Strong Boundaries in the Workplace – Video
- Set Boundaries At Work – Instituting Strong Boundaries in the Workplace – Slideshow
Resistance to Boundaries
How To Measure The Success Of Setting Boundaries
Set Boundaries - All Bonuses
0.00 average based on 0 ratings